(Image Source: UBC-Wiki http://bit.ly/2J3cqa7)
Zotero is an open-source reference manager with syncing capabilities that stores, manages, and cites bibliographic references. It is supported by numerous plugins, including browser extensions that will allow you to capture references for online sources, such as web pages, blog posts, video or audio files, PDFs, etc.
Create an online Zotero account so you can sync and access your library from anywhere! Having an account will also let you join groups and back up your attached files.
Collaborate with other members on a project using a group library.
1. All group members must have a Zotero account. Register for your free account here.
2. Set up a group library. As shown below, in the upper left-hand corner of the Zotero tool bar you can select the "New Library" icon and in the drop-down menu you can select New Group.
3. You will be brought to the Zotero website for new groups. You will be prompted to log in to your Zotero account.
4. The following page allows you to alter the permissions for group members, such as the degree they can edit. You can also invite other members to your group through the member settings link.
5. Invite new members to your group by clicking the "Send More Invitations" link.
If you have any further questions refer to this Zotero support page about groups.