To create citations or a bibliography, follow these steps:
1. Download the Mendeley Desktop Application and the plugin for your word processor.
2. Open the Mendeley Desktop application, click on Tools, and click on the plugin for your word processor.
(Image Source: http://bit.ly/2SStnYt)
For the Windows version of Word, the plugin is found under the Reference tab as shown below.
The citation plugin for the Mac version of Word is a toolbar.
If you remove it, bring it back using the View menu and selecting Mendeley from the Toolbar list.
This toolbar will appear as a separate panel for you to position where you like.
(Image Source: http://bit.ly/2SUvY4b)
1. Position cursor where you want to insert your citation.
2. Depending on your OS, click the following:
3. The Mendeley Citation Editor popup will appear. Search for the correct reference in the search bar, as shown in the image below.
4. Press OK to enter the citation.
After putting in all your citations, use the Citation Plugin to create your bibliography.
Click on the "Insert Bibliography" button as shown below.
(Image Source: http://bit.ly/2NajO1V)
Change citation style using the 'Style' button.
For Mac, find the button that looks like the image below.
For Windows, the button is outlined in red in the image below.